Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Healthy Lunches Again. Got Lose Weight Or Not?


This is my second week on the Naked Lunchbox 5-day clean eating. Clean eating is good and having it cooked, packed and delivered to you is so convenient.

I don't have to slave in the kitchen to food prep (especially when I am not in the mood) and I get fairly nice food (with acceptable portions) delivered to me. Sometimes, you just need to pamper yourself, if it is something you can afford.


The meals are delivered by Lalamove and the regular guy who services my area conveniently whatsapp me this photo whenever he arrives.

So I just walk downstairs to collect. It is a lot easier (and I get some exercise) to do this than have to explain secara panjang lebar the exact location of my office. It is very tiring giving people directions hah..hah...


Day #1 - Honey's 13 Superfood Bowl 2.0. It has quinoa, roasted sweet potato, cherry tomato, broccoli, carrot, grapes, green peas, pumpkin seeds, edamame, chickpeas, salad greens, beetroot hummus with a tahini dressing.

You can add on your protein and unfortunately the choice is only either chicken breast or grilled salmon. I prefer my salad with chicken and this salad was pretty good. I loved the tahini dressing.


Day #2 - Teriyaki Chicken & Omu Rice. I loved this one a lot.


The tomato fried rice was very tasty and I like the moist omelette. The teriyaki chicken was well marinated and thank goodness it is chicken thigh. This meal was very filling. If you are wondering where are the veges, they are under the chicken.


Day #3 - Roast Chicken and Basil Pesto Sandwich. The bread is Tomato and Olive Focaccia bread with roast chicken, tomato, cheese & signature basil pesto. It came with a small side salad.


This meal was quite heavy because the foccacia bread is quite dense. The taste of the basil pesto is very pronounced and if you do not like Italian basil, then you won't like this. Although I dislike Italian basil, I can still eat this sandwich and enjoyed it to a certain degree. But I am not likely to order this sandwich again.


Day #4 - Skinny Caesar Salad with Tahini Dressing. This is apparently a light and healthier version of Caesar salad with Romaine lettuce, quail eggs (how cute!), parmesan (it was not too strong, fortunately), garlic croutons (not crispy), edamame, tomato salsa & tahini dressing. I enjoyed this salad but it was not filling.


Day #5 - Beef Steak & Mushroom Pie with Gravy. It has been ages since I had pie. So I was looking forwards to this.


It looked quite nice. This was delivered to my house, hence I could take nicer photos. From experience, I knew the gravy is not any good. Besides, I don't like my pie drowned in gravy. I like it neat, no gravy.


Time to dig in!


Hmmm... the pie was not as good as I anticipated. The pastry was heavy/hard and the filling had a strong buttery smell (which I dislike). It was also bland. No complaints about the sweet potato mash (needed more salt, but this is healthy food that is lightly seasoned) and the peas. Won't order this again.


The small salad was accompanied by a light and pleasant tasting dressing.

For dinner, I simply ate out at the food court (except on Friday when I had this for dinner). One of the things I ate was Claypot Chicken Rice.


Small portion, ok lah heh..heh...

So how? Got lose weight or not? In terms of weight, not much but I can feel my pants is a little more roomy. So that is a positive sign.



My cat has now claimed the bed in the spare room as hers, This is where she snoozes in the afternoon and evenings.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar