Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Welcome 2019

I am not looking back and reflecting on my successes or failures for 2018. It is in the past and everything I accomplished or did not accomplish is over and done. The year had some memorable events that I will cherish forever. I have not one, but 2 new DIL's, and I love them both dearly. We had 2 week long visits with Son1 and family, so we had some nice extended Pip time, and of course Facetime now allows us to be a part of her life on a regular basis. Thank you Steve Jobs! Plus life was not unbearable, even though there were some unpleasant moments that were just that__moments.

So today, I am only looking forward and for today I am not looking forward to grandiose plans for the year. I actually spent the morning (OK, early afternoon ) going through the freezer and pantry to see what is there. Can you say tons!  I don't think the 90/52 decluttering challenge is truly about cleaning out the food storage, but I spent much longer than 90 minutes wearing ski gloves and a cap while digging through the freezer. After surveying and rearranging the freezer it looks like we are going to be eating a lot of pork for the next month. Though I have chicken and beef frozen, I have 6 pounds of smoked sausage, 4 pork tenderloins, Italian sausage, Polish sausage, Andouille sausage, 5 packages of bacon, and ham in individual serving packs coming out the wahzoo. (This year was the corporate gift Year of the Pig. TheHub received 2 huge hams plus sausage and cheese assortments. It's kind of funny how the gifts trend from year to year. Last year was the Year of the Cookie and Candy, and the year before was the Year of the Nut and Wine.)

After freezer diving I went on a pantry tour. I have a small pantry just about the width of a small coat closet but just 6 inches deeper than a large cereal box, yet somehow I have managed to fill it to overflowing. I am starting back on keto tomorrow but it looks like TheHub will be enjoying a lot of couscous since I found 4 boxes of it. Note to self: Do Not Buy Anymore Cousous!  And oyster crackers! How does one pantry wind up with 3 boxes of oyster crackers? It is not like we eat chili and soup every meal.

And now begins the prep for our traditional New Year's day meal of ham, black-eyed peas, cornbread and collards. It is supposedly a lucky meal and since I am still above ground, I am going to assume that it works. (Bonus: we really like the way it tastes and I found a Key lime pie in the freezer to put the final touch on the meal. Since we have no traditional dessert I don't feel like I am pushing the bounds of a lucky meal serving it.)

I wish each of you a wonderful, prosperous and                            joy filled New Year !

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar