Gerard and I celebrated our wedding anniversary yesterday, 39 years of happy marriage. We have had our differences over the years and we have both had to work hard at our marriage but fundamentally we have a strong marriage and for that I am truly thankful. We exchanged cards and gifts and then I cooked us a steak dinner last night which we had with a glass of wine. Very simple but satisfying.
This is the leather bound notebook that Gerard chose for me, I LOVE IT.
For My Wife
_______Never Forget That________
I Love You
If I could give you one thing in life
I would give you the ability to see
Yourself through my eyes
Only then would you realize
How special you are to me.
We spent some quality time together looking at our wedding photos and reminiscing about some of the family holidays we have had and places we have seen. It was lovely to think back on Christmas's past and the wonderful experiences we have been able to give to our children and grandchildren. Some of the simplest things have been the best. This pandemic is changing life as we know it and with this in mind it could just be that we look at changing some of our traditions and expectations of the holiday season. Paring back doesn't necessarily mean not good. Putting Christ back into Christmas can only be a good thing and whilst I will still decorate with some of my treasures and enjoy the season. Outings will be at a minimum as will visitors to our little cottage. We will fill the season with lots of other feel good things in different ways. Doorstep visits with a token gift for friends and neighbours. Extra food bank donations. Hats for the homeless.
We have no definite plans as yet, life is full of uncertainty due to the pandemic. But, one thing is certain our hearts will be full of love for the family and friends that we have and the love that Gerard and I share for each other. We will celebrate Christmas in some form and be thankful for it.
Have you made any plans yet?
Take care and stay safe.
See you soon.

0 Yorumlar