Dad and I are back home after the 3133 mile road trip. We saw a lot of this beautiful country and bunches of FAMILY and friends. It was a good journey.
I took a few pics, so will share some of them. Starting out in N Calif. with the old barn just below the border into Oregon. (see above)
| raking hay in Oregon's outback |
| Abert Rim in Oregon's Outback |
Abert Rim is an amazing place, and I'm sorry my pic doesn't begin to do it justice. It has a rugged beauty all it's own, and I was happy to see it again. Wikipedia: Abert Rim in Lake County, Oregon is one of the highest fault scarps in the United States. It rises 2,490 feet (760 m) above the valley floor, finishing with a 820-foot (250 m) sheer-sided basalt cap. It was formed during the Miocene epoch.
On to Idaho to put mom to rest. I put her ashes in a bright pink Victoria Secret bag, she would have gotten a kick out of that, I think. Dad & Buzz thought so, too.
| Dad, Buzz, and I at mom's grave |
After a too short gathering with my brother's crew, it was onward across Idaho...
| the Friar Mtns of Idaho |
They aren't really called the Friar Mtns but they reminded me of Friar Tuck, with their rings of black rocks like hair and bald tops, so that's what I call them.
(to be continued)

0 Yorumlar