Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

This Week In My Frugal Kitchen

Saturday


Cheeseburgers
Cabbage & Kale salad

Sunday & Monday


Mostaccioli
Salad (not pictured)
Garlic Bread

This is what you would call a truly frugal meal. I used pasta bought on sale (50¢), Italian sausage bought on markdown ($1.99), sauce - crash & burn (49¢), and made garlic bread out of brioche buns (38¢) on markdown. So, less than $3 and there is plenty left for another meal. 

Tuesday

When I did my pantry inventory last week I knew I had everything on hand to make Bean & Cheese Enchiladas, although I didn't have any enchilada sauce. 

I did have a package of California dried chilis however, and so I used a variation of this recipe to make my own enchilada sauce. 

I think I like it even better than canned enchilada sauce. 

Wednesday 
Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes
Steamed Broccoli

Thursday
Deconstructed Egg Rolls
Steamed Broccoli

Sunday

I made a large stockpot filled with chili. Enough to last a few days at least. I think we will have chili tacos for dinner on Monday night. 

Beverages This Week
Water
Sweet Iced Tea
Iced Herbal Teas
Apple Juice
Orange Cream Soda

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar