Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Best Black Jeans for Women - Vogue

The Best Black Jeans for Women - Vogue


The Best Black Jeans for Women - Vogue

Posted: 27 Dec 2019 06:01 AM PST

It seems that every day Bella Hadid and Kendall Jenner are setting off some new It bag craze or micro-trend. But, more quietly, these two fashion plates have also been making the case for a tried-and-true pair of black jeans all year long. Yet their shared enthusiasm does not mean they have exactly the same taste in dark denim.

For Bella, it's all about straight-leg fits in vintage black washes. Think stone-colored hues, the kind that your favorite pair of black skinnies take on after way too many washes. The color and fit give her a cool-girl edge and a dressed-down look, perfect for traveling or a weekend off with friends in New York. A high-waisted, hip-hugging pair with distressed slashes across the thighs are part of Hadid's signature look, while an ankle-grazing cropped version made the cut earlier this season.

As for Kendall, she prefers her jeans jet black, a color she has worn in a variety of silhouettes from boot cuts to carpenters. With just an inky straight-leg pair of skinny jeans and ankle booties, she manages to make even a collegiate hooded sweatshirt feel chic.

But you don't have to be a supermodel to add this style staple to your wardrobe. There's a pair of black jeans at every price point, whether you prefer your pants edgy and distressed like Bella or pitch-black and polished like Kendall.

Photo: Getty Images, Backgrid

Re/Done High-Rise Loose Washed Black Jeans With Rips

REVOLVE

$250

Shop Now

Agolde Criss-Cross High-Waist Jeans In Savage

NORDSTROM

$218

Shop Now

Levi's Ribcage High-Waist Wide-Leg Black Book Jeans

NORDSTROM

$98

Shop Now

Trave Berit Straight-Leg Night Fever Jeans

NORDSTROM

$258

Shop Now

Khaite Wendell Wide-Leg Crop Stoned Black Jeans

NORDSTROM

$340

Shop Now

Helmut Lang Femme High Bootcut Matte Powder Black Jeans

Shop Now

Balenciaga Cropped Pants In Frosted Black Denim

BALENCIAGA

$595

Shop Now

The Feel Studio The Black Genuine Jeans

THE FEEL STUDIO

$285

Shop Now
Photo: Getty Images, Backgrid

Dickies Black Relaxed-Fit Carpenter Jeans

NORDSTROM

$59

Shop Now

Totême Original Black Rinse Jeans

BROWNS FASHION

$171

Shop Now

Slvrlake Black Slim Kick Flared Jeans

FARFETCH

$342

Shop Now

Reformation Serena Black High-Waist Skinny Jeans

NORDSTROM

$98

Shop Now

Jacquemus High-Waist Jeans

NORDSTROM

$530

$212

Shop Now

Nobody Denim Pure Black Jacqueline High-Waist Flare Jeans

NORDSTROM

$239

Shop Now

AG Phoebe High-Waist Ankle Straight-Leg Jeans

NORDSTROM

$255

$104

Shop Now

Gary Moore: Me and my blue jeans ... a love story - Kankakee Daily Journal

Posted: 26 Dec 2019 06:00 AM PST

I'm a simple guy. My wife rolls her eyes, but my fashion sense is quite limited. I wear black boots (To the city slickers among you, you might call them cowboy boots.) I wear blue jeans. Usually a collarless shirt of some kind ... usually black. If I'm dressing up, I'll put on a gray tweed sports coat. If not, I'll wear a jean jacket.

I've enjoyed a life-long love affair with my jeans. I wear them for casual up to semi-formal. I wear them with a sports coat when going out or when speaking but also wear them out back to chop wood. I guess the only time my wife forbids me from leaving the house is with a tux and blue jeans.

I was speaking to a group of writing students at a high school a few years ago, dressed as stated with a jean jacket. A young lady raised her hand and said, "Do you realize you're wearing denim pants and a denim jacket?"

I responded that I did.

She asked if it was by accident or on purpose.

I looked down at my attire and said, "Quite purposeful."

She laughed and said, "With those boots, it's like you're wearing a Texas Tuxedo. Don't you know you never wear denim with denim?"

I already have confessed to my lack of fashion concern. I proudly wear denim with denim. I couldn't care less what people think. I don't dress for others. I dress to be comfortable and what I feel suits my personality.

My love affair with jeans began early. Mom took me to Sears at the start of each school year and purchased two pairs of husky jeans (size not brand). She would buy the first pair a couple inches long and the second, about 6 inches long. I would wear the first pair first semester and the other pair for second. We also would buy five shirts. That was my attire.

When I became a salesman, I had to wear a suit and did so until my last stint as a CEO. I wore suits, but I never was comfortable until I got home and put on my jeans.

I wear my jeans until my wife decides they should be washed. I usually wear them daily for two to three weeks. In college, I'm certain I only washed my jeans once to twice per year. Recently, I asked the question on Facebook: "How many days in a row can you wear the same blue jeans before they can get up and walk around on their own? Or before people can smell them coming?"

I, of course, was "Asking for a friend ..."

I got a variety of responses, ranging from three days to never. A friend sent me an article from Business Insider by Ashley Lutz. The author quotes Levi's CEO Chip Berg as saying, "I haven't washed my jeans in a year." He goes on to say you should never wash them but only spot clean them."

I feel vindicated. Another friend posted, "You should put them in the freezer nightly to kill germs and bacteria." But a little internet research claims a typical freezer never gets cold enough to kill anything. My wife, upon hearing I was planning to freeze my pants said, "If you do, I'll have to throw away all the food in the freezer." Later, she said more simply, "If you put those jeans in my freezer, I'll take them out and burn them." I guess the freezer isn't an option.

This morning, a friend sent me information about spraying my jeans with either alcohol or white vinegar, inside and out, before freezing. As I read this to Arlene, she again assured me she would inflict bodily harm if I walked near the freezer with my jeans in hand.

For decades, my jeans have been washed, so I guess that ritual never will change. The only question is how many days are both healthy and appropriate between washings.

As I'm sure Shakespeare would have said, "To wash my jeans or to freeze my jeans ... that is the question."

What is your answer?

I pray you are enjoying a blessed holiday season and looking forward to a great new year.

I think 2020 is going to be awesome.

Police: Extra patrols at Concord mall after trio steals dozens of jeans from JCPenney - KRON4

Posted: 26 Dec 2019 06:53 PM PST

CONCORD (KRON) — Video released by police in Concord shows a group of women taking several pairs of jeans from a store in Sunvalley Mall in a major shoplifting spree last week.

In the video, you see what appears to be some women shopping for some jeans. 

Police say they are actually loading up their arms with merchandise before walking out of the store without paying.

"Three females walked in and picked up between the three of them 30-pairs of jeans and decided to walk out," said Concord Police Cpl. David Petty. 

It happened just before 1 p.m. Dec. 19 at the JCPenney store in the mall. 

Concord police investigators say the three shoplifters entered the store and headed straight for the Levi's section and randomly started grabbing jeans before running for the exit. 

They were last seen leaving the parking lot in a burgundy Saturn. 

Concord police are checking with other law enforcement agencies to see if the trio of shoplifters are suspected of committing similar crimes

"It's possible," Petty said. 

In the video you can see one woman wearing a hoodie while the others didn't even bother trying to conceal their identities. 

However, this shoplifting spree was not a case of petty theft. 

Police say if caught, these women will be facing felony grand theft charges

"Yes it's over the threshold. In this case it was just under $2,000," Petty said.

In the wake of the grab and run theft, the Concord Police Department has increased patrols in the parking lot at the Sunvalley Mall.

"We're just looking for the public's help to see if anybody knows who they are and ask them to give us a call," Petty said.

Norridge and Harwood Heights police reports: cosmetics, toys, jeans stolen - Chicago Tribune

Posted: 27 Dec 2019 09:50 AM PST

[unable to retrieve full-text content]Norridge and Harwood Heights police reports: cosmetics, toys, jeans stolen  Chicago Tribune

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar